The remaining subjects, Art, Computing, Design and Technology, Geography, History, Languages, and Music are wherever possible taught through our topics.
If you look at the Parents Guide to the National Curriculum you will be able to see what your child will cover during their time at Morton Primary School.
If you have any questions about the curriculum coverage please pop in and discuss this with your child's class teacher or alternatively see the head to discuss this.
Enhanced curriculum experiences for our children
At Morton we believe that by offering our children a variety of different curriculum experiences we can enhance the leaching and learning that takes place at school.
This academic year we have planned a number of these experiences:
- Performing Hamlet an abridged performance at Mansfield Palace Theatre in conjunction with Shakespeare for Schools
- Often Festival an outreach participatory arts programme in conjunction with Platform Thirty 1
- Pinocchio by Image Theatre Company (in school)
- JS Lowry Museum visit
- Millennium Gallery visit
- Derby Museum visit
- Djemba Drumming workshops and performance (two classes)
- Mosaic design competition followed by mosaic making workshops to produce a whole school mosaic
- Keyboard (peripatetic music teacher)
- Dance festival - Bolsover District School Sports Partnership for Primary and Secondary Schools
- African Art and Dance workshops
- Christmas Pantomime at Mansfield Palace Theatre
- Christmas Nativity Performance – Key Stage 1
- Christmas Carol Concert – Key Stage 2
- Young Voices performance at Sheffield Arena
- Matlock Farm Park visit
- Toy Museum visit
- Lea Green residential visit
- Space Centre visit
- Block of Forest School for outdoor learning
- After School Choir
- After School Sports Club
- Cluster, District and County Sports Competitions.